A Person-centered, Home-like Experience
Skilled nursing care at Homestead Village is provided in the Apostles Center for Care, a fully accredited, Medicare- and Medicaid-approved nursing care center in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
Our goal is to provide the highest-quality 24-hour nursing care available in the Pennsylvania area. Meals are made-to-order, featuring many delicious options. Our skilled nursing care staff seeks to create a warm environment suited to helping each resident achieve maximum independence. The Apostles Center is equipped to accommodate a wide range of health care needs.
Daily rates: The daily rate includes 24-hour nursing care, three nutritious meals, housekeeping, and laundry service. The dining services department is qualified to meet any special dietary requirements. Private and semi-private rooms are available. Each room is equipped with a European-style shower, wardrobes, cable television, and optional phone service.
The Apostles Center for Care at Homestead Village has provided quality, skilled nursing care in the Lancaster, Pennsylvania, community since 1986. The professional staff offers comprehensive medical services as well as rehabilitation and restorative programs. An interdisciplinary care team provides continual assessments of individual needs for a smooth transition from skilled nursing care to home.
The Household Approach
The 60-bed Apostles Center is made up of three households, each accommodating 17 to 22 residents. Our households differ from a traditional nursing home in a number of ways:
- Household staff members work together as a team to meet the needs of residents.
- Each household team is charged with working together efficiently, with a high degree of trust to provide the highest-quality, most home-like care. Team members are trained to work through communication and conflict issues.
- Each household features a lounge where residents and visitors gather, small group activities take place, care planning meetings are held, and household staff performs duties, such as documentation and shift-to-shift reporting.
- Household staff members assist with light housekeeping, laundry, and dining service. The team is not solely responsible for these tasks but works cooperatively with these service areas in order to provide the best possible service and resident-centered care.
- One household is specifically dedicated to residents in need of Memory Support.
Want to know more?