Open up to New Experiences
The calendar of events offers something for everyone. Get together for cards. Learn Tai Chi. Sing in the chorale. Volunteer in the Corner Gift Shoppe. Help in the library or participate in educational opportunities, book reviews, and other entertainment regularly presented.
Do you like to travel with a group of friends? Join us as we use our 32-passenger bus for a variety of local and extended excursions. For instance, we might spend the afternoon at Middle Creek Wildlife Management Area, exploring bluebird trails and seeing Lancaster’s covered bridges. Our convenient location also allows us to visit nationally acclaimed interests, including Baltimore’s Inner Harbor, the Philadelphia Museum of Art, and the White House. We also plan two extended trips per year, visiting places like Williamsburg, the Finger Lakes, and the Biltmore.
Here are just a few highlights of our life enrichment offerings:
- Education: round table history discussion, lunch and learn with local professors, book reviews, health talks, featured series
- Arts: arts and crafts groups, woodshop, Homestead Harmony Chorale, concerts, theatre
- Leisure: bridge, Friendly Fellowship, men’s breakfast outings, theme dinners, Wii bowling
- Fitness: walking track, aquatic classes, cardio/aerobic classes, exercise classes, Tai Chi, pickleball
- Shopping: Central Market, Park City, grocery stores
- Outreach: Linus Project, volunteer opportunities, Giving Tree (Water Street Ministries), Operation Christmas Child
- Spiritual: Bible studies, Sunday worship, worship services representing several different traditions