Open up to New Experiences in Retirement Living
At Homestead Village in beautiful Lancaster, Pennsylvania, you’ll design your own personal smorgasbord of concerts, lectures, book clubs, trips, volunteer opportunities, and fitness classes from our endless selection of life enrichment programs.
Life Enrichment Programs Offer Fun for Every Resident
The calendar of events offers something for everyone. Get together for cards. Learn Tai Chi. Sing in the chorale. Volunteer in the Corner Gift Shoppe. Help in the library or participate in educational opportunities, book reviews, and other entertainment regularly presented and tailored to the level of care of each Homestead Village Resident.
Do you like to travel with a group of friends? Join us as we use our 32-passenger bus for a variety of local and extended excursions. For instance, we might spend the afternoon at Middle Creek Wildlife Management Area, exploring bluebird trails and seeing Lancaster’s covered bridges. Our convenient location also allows us to visit nationally acclaimed points of interest, including Baltimore’s Inner Harbor, the Philadelphia Museum of Art, and the White House. We also plan two extended trips per year, visiting places like Williamsburg, the Finger Lakes, and Biltmore.
Here are just a few more highlights of our life enrichment program offerings:
- Education: round table history discussion, lunch and learn with local professors, book reviews, health talks, featured series
- Arts: arts and crafts groups, woodshop, Homestead Harmony Chorale, concerts, theatre
- Leisure: bridge, Friendly Fellowship, men’s breakfast outings, theme dinners, Wii bowling
- Fitness: walking track, aquatic classes, cardio/aerobic classes, exercise classes, Tai Chi, pickleball
- Shopping: Central Market, Park City, grocery stores
- Outreach: Linus Project, volunteer opportunities, Giving Tree (Water Street Ministries), Operation Christmas Child, Alzheimer’s Association
- Spiritual: Bible studies, Sunday worship, worship services representing several different traditions
Plus, keep track of all the fun with our new Touchtown app, which allows for easy access to calendars, menus, directories, and more!
Why Are Life Enrichment Programs Important?
When people think about campus-based retirement living organizations like our Life Plan Community here at Homestead Village, they often focus on the variety of senior housing and care options available, like assistance with daily activities. However, innovative accommodations for every level of care and a safe, friendly environment are far from the entire story about what makes this type of community so popular and unique.
Life enrichment is scheduled programming that helps residents open up to new experiences and pursue hobbies and pastimes they enjoy. And it’s a significant part of what we do at Homestead Village to ensure that everyone in our retirement living community can benefit from our THRIVE WHERE YOU ARE® philosophy.
Take an even closer look at our life enrichment programs now
Connect With Us to Learn More
Want to explore an extraordinary way of retirement living? Fill out the form and begin your journey.