Explore Retirement Living Open House
You’re Invited–October 21st!
Dive deep into the heart of Lancaster County during the 11th Annual Explore Retirement Living Open House, where the distinguished Life Plan Communities showcase the very features that have repeatedly crowned the region as a premier retirement destination. On Saturday, October 21, a captivating “parade of homes” style event awaits, as seventeen of these Life Plan Communities graciously invite guests to explore their premises. It’s an immersive experience, offering a firsthand glimpse into the quality of life they promise.
Especially noteworthy is the Homestead Village’s lineup for the day. From an enlightening opportunity fair that can guide your next steps, to guided tours of their beautiful campus homes and delightful refreshments that tickle the palate, it’s a day of discovery, camaraderie, and the essence of what retirement living in Lancaster stands for.
What to expect:
Arrive at the Bachman Center anytime between 10am and 4pm to sign in and pick up information about Homestead Village! Staff and Resident Ambassadors will be available to answer questions, and an opportunity fair will showcase various aspects of life at Homestead Village. Guests can enjoy refreshments and fellowship as they wait for the next available bus to arrive! Guided tours will include one bus which will tour The Mews and The Farmstead, another bus will tour the Cottages and an Apartment. Bus tours will last approximately 30-40 minutes, so please plan accordingly.
If you have questions on the day of the event, please dial 717-397-4831 to speak with our receptionist.
What makes Homestead Village unique?
- THRIVE WHERE YOU ARE – Homestead Village has one of the most robust menus of services that are available to residents in our cottage, villa, and carriage homes. You don’t want to move to a community just to find out you’re “on your own” if there’s an emergency or need for support! Homestead Village has many ways that we can help our residents including a THRIVE team, complementary transportation to medical appointments within 5 miles, home care services, and apartments that are dual-licensed for personal care so you can get extra help without having to move to receive personal care services.
- Casual Elegance – As you tour various communities, you’ll see that we’re not the biggest, nor the fanciest, but if you ask our residents, they’ll tell you that Homestead Village is probably the friendliest and most caring community! The small-neighborhood feel of our campus is beautiful and inviting. There are also a wide range of home styles ranging from a cozy cottage to an impressive Chesterfield or Willow style home with second floor lofts and finished basements.
- Flexibility – Homestead Village allows you to garden (if you wish!) around your home and embellish your landscape. We also have a wide range of options for home renovations that a new resident can select for the home they will be moving in to! Want a blue wall? Sure! Want to bring your chandelier from home? Sure! This is your space, and if you’re happy – we’re happy!
- Resident Involvement in Governance – There are few communities where residents have such a direct input into the daily operations of the campus as they do at Homestead Village. We have 4 residents who are active voting members on our board of directors, and also have a variety of committees such as resident council and resident association who provide guidance to our management team. Our President has an open door policy and welcomes all who come to see him.
- Location: Homestead Village is close to Downtown Lancaster, World class dining, medical facilities, attractions, grocery, pharmacy, and shopping, and so much more!
- Quality: Homestead is a CARF Accredited Community, receives 5-Star Ratings for Skilled Nursing and Rehab, and has also been awarded honors by the Building Association of Lancaster and Non-Profit Innovation Awards.
Read our Fall Issue of the Villager Newsletter for more information about the ERL Open House and see more photos of our neighborhoods.
There’s a lot more we could say – but we’d love to have you come see for yourself! Hope to see you on Saturday!